Men's Health Plant-Based Eating
(The Diet That Can Include Meat)
A definitive guide to a plant-based diet, with 100+ easy and satisfying recipes packed with all the nutrition and energy to fuel great workouts and even lose weight.
Plants have superpowers. They can fill your stomach, fuel your workouts, and even extend your life. But for some people, a plant-based diet might seem stressful, especially if they believe the "experts" who tell us to eat only plants. Not true.
Smart plant-based diets are nutritious and delicious and still make room for meat, fish, dairy and eggs. In fact, they aren't diets at all, but blueprints for a lifetime of eating well. The recipes and simple guidelines in Men's Health Plant-Based Eating, devised with help from some of the most brilliant minds in nutrition, will help you harness the full powers of plants.
Inside you'll find:
• Five simple steps to start eating plant-based meals
• 100+ filling and flavorful recipes
• The top 15 plant-based protein sources. You'll never guess the plant that offers a whooping 19 grams per ½ cup. Hint: It's NOT tofu.
• Plant-based shakes that help you build muscle fast
• Six amazing grains for weight loss
• A foreword by Brian St. Pierre RD, CSCS and a comprehensive introduction by Paul Kita, food and nutrition editor for Men's Health
• Vibrant color photos and complete nutrition information with every recipe
• Lie-flat binding for easy use
With this cookbook, you'll learn how to make dozens of hearty, delicious meals so you can add muscle, defend against disease, maintain a healthy weight, and unleash a ton of energy.